Wednesday 10 August 2011

7

How things change.

It’s weird looking back on my 7 year old self and thinking of what her hopes were for the future. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and warn her of the things to come in the hope that she would be better prepared than I am now. 
My 7 year old self wanted to grow up to be a marine biologist (ridiculous since I’m petrified of open water) but she wanted it so badly and the desire for it was so strong that it was incredible. My 7 year old self had no idea that she would actually grow up (and I use that term loosely) to attend a university on a Drama course; have a passion for music and a semi-serious shopping addiction!

Letting go of the things that once meant the world to you is difficult, even if it is only Barbie dolls! But it’s the things that you never dreamed you would have to let go of that are the strangest things to release. And as much as you know you have to let them go, it doesn’t necessarily make it any easier.

At 20 years old my aspirations have changed because, as much as I never wanted to, I’ve grown up. My 7 year old self would never have dreamt that she would one day grow up to fall in love and in time want 7 year olds of her own and I hope that, when this eventually happens, they’ll have dreams and wishes just like I did.

How things change.
But I guess I couldn’t stay 7 forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment